Sunday, July 27, 2014

Gamba Vineyards and Winery: Precious Old Vine Zinfandel

It is a quite Tuesday afternoon in Windsor, my husband and I are visiting Gamba Vineyards and Winery and sipping truly delicious Old Vine Zinfandel. I am in love lately with the Russian River Valley Zinfandel wines and Gamba's Old Vine Zinfandel is my latest and precious discovery. I don't really know how and why it happens, but I just know instantly when the wine is great and made for me. There is that certain something I enjoy the most - the strong allure of the aromas and the silky and smooth texture, full of that old Zinfandel only spice.   

Gamba Vineyards and Winery is a wonderful story of over six generations of wine grape growing with a belief that wines are made in the vineyards. Agostino Gamba, with his rare charisma and magnetism of passionate winemaker, is dedicated to continuing his family's wine grape farming tradition. He and his wife Paulette skillfully manage the vineyards and winery with a strong and forward-thinking simplicity of their mission - to grow grapes and produce delicious wines.

The wines that I am going to serve for dinner! My husband and I were so impressed with the quality of wines - Gamba 2012 Old Vine Zinfandel - Gamba Estate Vineyard, Russian River Valley and Gamba 2012 Old Vine Zinfandel - Starr Road Ranch, Russian River Valley - that we are going to join the Gamba Wine Club! 










No comments:

Post a Comment